Nico's phrase that sounds like "ディビディエンドッ" is actually a shout when she performs a hold technique, and the accurate phrase is "Divide and conquer!" This phrase represents breaking the opponent's power and weakening them to seize victory. Nico has an intellectual and calm fighting style, and aims for victory by analyzing her opponent's techniques and utilizing her own skills. A hold technique is a move to intercept the opponent's attack and gain an advantage by disrupting their posture. By shout

Saturday, March 11, 2023

3.11 East Japan Earthquake


https://www.tumblr.com/destiny-venus/711449594258702336/metropolis-httpsexodus1114blogspotcom?source=share

Today is Saturday, so it's a day off. I would like to start my day by writing a blog. Writing is the easiest creative activity, and I think it's a very important skill for expressing yourself. I hope that writing a blog will improve my writing skills.

Today, March 11, is the anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake in 2011. This year is the 12th anniversary. In the early morning of this day, earthquakes struck Hokkaido and Kanto one after the other. The "Weather News" program on YouTube reported the news. The program usually features a beautiful weather forecaster who speaks to viewers in a soft and friendly tone, but during the news flash, tension is high and she immediately urges viewers to ensure their safety. 

The contrast between the usual weather program and the tension during the news flash is palpable. Fortunately, there was no damage caused by the earthquake. Although the Japanese are accustomed to earthquakes, as Japan is an earthquake-prone country, extra caution is needed on this special day. Even earthquakes that would normally go unnoticed may have served as a reminder to raise disaster preparedness awareness among the Japanese people.


According to the United States Geological Survey (USGS), there were 1500 earthquakes with a magnitude of 6.0 or greater worldwide between 2010 and 2020. Of these, 31 occurred in Japan, which would indicate that Japan has experienced relatively few large earthquakes when looking only at the number of occurrences.


However, when considering the frequency of large earthquakes of magnitude 6.0 or greater, Japan can be considered to have a relatively average amount of seismic activity on a global scale. This information is provided by ChatGPT.


Recently there have also been major earthquakes in Turkey and Syria, and Japan is known to be prone to disasters such as typhoons, giving the impression that Japan experiences a lot of disasters. The saying "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" was born from the experience of Japanese people living in a disaster-prone country, and I think it is a very useful phrase.


Since today is Saturday, I am in a relaxed mood. I am an indoor person, so even on weekends, my main activities outside the house are shopping and walking. Occasionally I go to the movies. Today, however, I plan to take the train and go to Hibiya, where there is a movie theater.


I don't go to the movies, but the Hibiya movie theater is also a very impressive commercial facility. Especially the view from the roof is wonderful. I usually read English books on the train. There's nothing else to do on the train, so I can concentrate better than when I read at home.


I have time to read books at home on vacation, but surprisingly, my concentration doesn't last long. Since I have a commuter pass, I'm thinking of going out and studying at the same time. It's also a good way to refresh my mood and spend my vacation.


If possible, I'd like to buy some delicious sweets and enjoy a cafe-like atmosphere at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment