Nico's phrase that sounds like "ディビディエンドッ" is actually a shout when she performs a hold technique, and the accurate phrase is "Divide and conquer!" This phrase represents breaking the opponent's power and weakening them to seize victory. Nico has an intellectual and calm fighting style, and aims for victory by analyzing her opponent's techniques and utilizing her own skills. A hold technique is a move to intercept the opponent's attack and gain an advantage by disrupting their posture. By shout

Sunday, March 12, 2023

A Touching Sports Drama Showcasing Tom Cruise's Acting Skills: 'Jerry Maguire'


https://soundcloud.com/grow-rich-think/a-touching-sports-drama?si=130ccb08a6434beeb47b16c69789bfd2&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Today is Sunday. When I woke up, the first thing I did was check the weather for today by looking at Weather News.


There is some interesting information about the cherry blossom forecast. It is said that cherry blossoms will bloom when the accumulated daily maximum temperature since February 1st exceeds 600 degrees. However, this information is limited to the Yasukuni Shrine in Tokyo and is based on empirical knowledge. It is said that it does not apply to other regions.


I write a blog every day as a diary. Initially, the purpose was for English composition, but now the purpose has shifted to writing itself.


I am always thinking about what to write, but I cannot write about everything that happens or everything I think about. When I sit down at my computer, I often end up writing about something completely different from what I had planned. Writing something is the same as not writing something else. If I don't write about something, most of it will disappear into the recesses of my memory. I want to try to make a memo of everything I can.


Now, for today's topic.


I reread a book I had read before to reconsider my writing style.


The book I reread was "20-sai no jibun ni ukesasetai bunsho kogi" (Lecture on writing I want to give to my 20-year-old self) by Fumitake Koga.


The theme of the book is to eliminate the frustration of being able to speak but not write, and it explains the technique of converting spoken language into written language. Writing is thinking. Writing is a very good habit that strengthens thinking skills. I hope that people will develop a habit of writing as early as possible. Recently, I have been thinking about what is necessary for a healthy democracy to function. I think that if each citizen learns to write, they can acquire correct thinking and information literacy, and be able to make the right choice of government, which is necessary for a healthy democracy.


Now, about my usual English learning.


Lately, I have been spending almost all my time on English learning and have no time to read Japanese books. However, even if I can speak English, it is still a habit that is indispensable for conveying information to read Japanese books.


I use an app called "ELSA" every day to practice pronunciation, but I am very bad at pronouncing "usually" and "occasions." I always receive an "NG" rating. It is written in Katakana as "ju," but the actual pronunciation seems to be different. Maybe I will get an "OK" rating if I stick my lips out and vocalize from the back of my throat.


And finally, the last topic.


Yesterday, I went for a walk in Hibiya, so today I decided to watch a movie at home. The movie I watched today was "Jerry Maguire," starring Tom Cruise, with Renée Zellweger and Cuba Gooding Jr. co-starring. Although it was a movie from 1997, I didn't feel any sense of datedness, except for the fact that they used feature phones instead of smartphones.

The movie was very immersive, and I was moved to tears during the final scene.

The story depicts the journey of Jerry Maguire, a talented sports agent (Tom Cruise), who becomes disillusioned with his job, gets fired, and then starts his own company with the help of a struggling football player and an accountant named Dorothy. The movie portrays many themes, such as the business side of sports and a romantic relationship with a single mother, with a comedic touch, but it is ultimately a serious, humanistic drama.

The movie is 2 hours and 18 minutes long. I felt a little bored in the middle, but overall, it was an immersive and satisfying work.

Since watching "Maverick" at the movie theater, this was my third Tom Cruise movie on video. The other two were "Knight and Day" (co-starring Cameron Diaz) and "Jack Reacher" (co-starring Rosamund Pike). I am surprised that all the Tom Cruise movies I have seen so far are good, without any failures. He is truly a fantastic actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment