Nico's phrase that sounds like "ディビディエンドッ" is actually a shout when she performs a hold technique, and the accurate phrase is "Divide and conquer!" This phrase represents breaking the opponent's power and weakening them to seize victory. Nico has an intellectual and calm fighting style, and aims for victory by analyzing her opponent's techniques and utilizing her own skills. A hold technique is a move to intercept the opponent's attack and gain an advantage by disrupting their posture. By shout

Friday, March 17, 2023

The Fabelmans and WF-1000XM4

On Thursday, March 16th, it was time for the weekly gacha in DOAXVV. The trend coordinate swimsuit of the day was the SSR 'Voltage Heart.' Luckily, I was able to get 'Voltage Heart' for Fiona and Nanami, my two Venus girls. I'm thrilled about this! This pair had previously obtained an SSR and leveled up during the festival, so there's no doubt they will win in the SSS finals.



Yesterday, on Wednesday the 15th, I went to see a movie at TOHO Cinema in Hibiya after finishing work. I didn't have the energy to write in my diary when I got home, as it was already past 11:30 pm. Today, I feel extremely tired, but I would feel bad if I didn't write in my diary.

So, the first topic of today is my impression of the movie 'the Fablemans'.

This movie is Steven Spielberg's autobiographical work, depicting his childhood to his sophomore year in college. Although I only had this information from the trailer, I was pretty sure it would be a promising work.


I wondered what 'the Fablemans' in the title meant, but it turns out to be the family name of the protagonist, Sam. Since it's an unfamiliar name for Japanese people, I didn't think it was a surname.


This name seems to be a Jewish family name, and in a scene where Sam introduces himself, it leads to a scene where he experiences Jewish discrimination.

I had no energy to write in my diary yesterday on Wednesday, March 15th, as I went to see a movie at TOHO Cinema in Hibiya after work. It was already past 11:30 pm by the time I got home, and today I feel really sleepy. However, I can't help but feel uneasy if I don't write in my diary.


So, the first topic for today is my impression of the movie "The Fabelmans." This is Steven Spielberg's autobiographical work, depicting his childhood to his second year of college. While I only learned this much from the trailer, I expected it to be a pretty good film.


I was wondering what "The Fabelmans" referred to. It turns out that it's the family name of the protagonist, Sam. As a Japanese person, I'm not familiar with this name, so I didn't think it was a family name.


This name seems to be a Jewish family name, and it leads to a scene where Sam is subjected to Jewish discrimination when he introduces himself in the movie.


Although I had knowledge of Jewish discrimination, this is probably the first time I have seen it depicted in a visual medium. The movie is set around the 1960s, and I believe it was a time when the civil rights movement to abolish black discrimination was thriving. However, there is no depiction of the civil rights movement in the film, and there is not a single black cast member, which is very rare in recent Hollywood movies.


There are two ways to interpret this. First, Steven Spielberg may not have had any contact with black people until he finished his college life. Second, the absence of black cast members is intentional to emphasize Jewish discrimination. I think it's probably the latter.


Now, "the Fablemans" begins with a scene where the protagonist Sam is taken by his parents to see a movie. In that movie, Sam is deeply fascinated by a scene where a train crashes, which leads him to develop an interest in filmmaking. This scene is very important to the story. One scene from this movie within the movie leaves a strong impression on the audience of "the Fablemans."


The story depicts the daily life of the Fablemans family and how Sam becomes absorbed in filmmaking, along with his growth. The characters include the Fablemans couple, their friend Nick, Sam, his three sisters, and both mothers. The unique relationship between the Fablemans couple and their friend Nick is highlighted throughout the story, and this has a significant impact on Sam's character. Everything that happens in the story has a meaning.


What I strongly felt while watching this movie was the excellence of the camera work and camera angles. In a scene where Sam is editing film in his room, the camera smoothly moves while showing Sam absorbed in the editing process. Similar camera work may not be unusual, but after finishing the movie, each scene is vividly remembered because of the great camera work, despite the absence of any flashy action.

One more thing. Let me share a scene that stuck in my memory related to learning English. In a conversation between the protagonist, Sam, and his father in the movie, his father says that movies are his hobby, and Sam protests by saying "Don't call it a hobby." This scene is also used in the trailer. I once read that the expression "hobby" in English has a slightly higher level of expertise than the "hobby" that Japanese people think of. However, in my recent English learning, I have often seen it used in a similar sense as the "hobby" expressed by Japanese people in daily conversation. In "the Fablemans," this "hobby" is used as an expression that slightly belittles movies for Sam. I did not feel a significant difference between the expression "hobby" in Japanese and English. It is dangerous to take information on the internet at face value.


I watched "the Fablemans" with very little prior knowledge. It was such a profound work that it would be too burdensome for me to critique it any further. I'm a little sleep-deprived, so I'll refrain from writing any more. However, I can say that it was a great work that I feel very satisfied with.


Now, I'd like to write about "completely wireless earphones" for my second topic.


I usually use Bluetooth-connected completely wireless earphones for listening to English. The product I'm currently using was purchased 3-4 years ago, but it's been performing poorly lately. It's causing me a level of stress, so I've been considering replacing it.


Actually, two years ago, I purchased and used Sony's popular completely wireless model, the "WF-1000XM4". This product has a very powerful noise-cancelling function. It's an excellent device that significantly reduces noise during a noisy train commute. Despite being released several years ago, it's still a popular completely wireless earphone. However, about a year and a half after purchasing it last year, the battery consumption of the right earphone suddenly became severe, and the usage time dropped to less than an hour.

When searching for information online, I discovered that there were other people who had the same problem. Sony offered updates and other solutions, but the battery clearly deteriorated and there was no improvement. The warranty period had expired and the cost of replacing the battery was very expensive, so I reluctantly gave up using them.


As a result, I pulled out my old wireless earphones that I had purchased before and used them, but they were also malfunctioning and causing me stress. At my wit's end, I began to compare and consider purchasing either a Sennheiser or Bose product. Considering the quality, the product I wanted was around 36,000 yen, which was quite an expense.


While I was considering purchasing it on Amazon by the end of the day, I had a sudden thought and decided to search for information about "WF-1000XM4".

As a result, I was able to find information about a free repair service related to the severe battery deterioration symptoms I described earlier! When I searched before, there was no information about free repairs, so I almost missed it. If I hadn't noticed this information, I would have been on the verge of placing an order for a 36,000 yen product.


I promptly applied for the repair service today and was able to avoid a significant expense. However, I can't help feeling dissatisfied with Sony products. Several Sony products I have purchased in the past have had many problems. I purchased Sony products with a sincere desire to support domestic manufacturers who are struggling in the midst of an economic recession. However, I don't think I will ever buy an unreliable Sony product again.


I have other things I want to write, but it has become lengthy, so I will end it here for today.


Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment